PRESCOTT, AZ (September 29, 2009) — Forest officials announced today that last year’s highly successful partnership with Arizona Big 5 Sporting Goods stores to sell Arizona national forest Christmas tree-cutting tags will be repeated again this year. Over-the-counter tag sales will be sold at Big 5 Sporting Goods located at 6106 Highway 69, Prescott Valley, AZ, beginning on Saturday, October 10, and at all Prescott National Forest offices on Tuesday, October 13. The Prescott National Forest is offering 225 over the counter tags this year for any tree species in two recommended cutting areas.
- $15 per tag
- Only one tree-cutting tag per household – for individual use only.
- This program is not available for churches, schools, companies, or other organizations.
- Trees must be cut in designated cutting-area only.
- Trees may be cut between November 21 and December 24.
- Instructions will be provided in each tag information package and should be carefully read – and followed.
- There are no refunds once a tag has been purchased.
For more information on tags sold for the Prescott National Forest, please call (928) 443-8000.
For more information about the program, please visit the Tonto National Forest webpage at www.fs.fed.us/r3/tonto or call the ChristmasTree Hotline: (602) 225-5258.