CYFD’s primary source of funding is through property taxes. As a member of the Board I want to make sure that money is spent in a responsible way while maintaining the high level of service that CYFD currently provides. I believe that the Property Tax assessment should be kept as low as possible.
What I’d like to accomplish as a CYFD Board Member:
- Maintain the Current Fiscally Responsible Path
- Future Cost Avoidance (CAFMA)
- Implement the New Central Arizona Fire & Medical Authority (CAFMA) Structure
- Support CAFMA’s Efforts Towards Cost Containment
CYFD is in the business of providing emergency services, and it needs to be run like a business. My qualifications for running that business are:
- I have a Master’s in Business Administration.
- I’ve worked in Prescott Valley’s development for over 25 years
- I have owned and operated my own business.
- I am also an adjunct Professor at NAU in Prescott Valley where I teach a course on Entrepreneurial Team Building and Creative Thinking.
- I am a volunteer Board Member for Yavapai Exceptional Industries (YEI!)
- My family has a long history in the Detroit Fire Department and therefore I understand and respect the demand and needs of you first responders.
I truly believe that CYFD is a critical part of this Community and one of my goals will be to raise their public profile in order to help restore and maintain the respect that all of our First Responders deserve.
I will greatly appreciate your vote this November.
Sponsored by the Wasowicz 4 Fire Board campaign