Chino Valley will be meeting in their new Council Chambers tonight at 6:00 PM.
The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
1) Call to Order, Invocation; Pledge of Allegiance; and Roll Call.
2) Introductions, Presentations and Proclamations
2a) Recognize Modean Garison for seven years of service and Randy LeBlond for four years of service on the Senior Center Advisory Board.
2b) Chamber Update by Ab Jackson, Chief Executive Officer, Chino Valley Area Chamber of Commerce. Regular Council Meeting August 12, 2010 Page 1
3) Call to the Public
Call to the Public is an opportunity for the public to address the Council concerning a subject that is not on the agenda. Public comment is encouraged. At the conclusion of an open call to the public, individual members of the Council may respond to those who have addressed the Council, may ask staff to review a matter or may ask that a matter be put on a future agenda. However, members of the Council shall not discuss or take legal action on matters raised during an open Call to the Public unless the matters are properly noticed for discussion and legal action. Individuals are limited to speak for three (3) minutes. The total time for Call to the Public may be up to 30 minutes per meeting.
4) Mayor/Council/Manager Report
This item is for information only. Presentation on information requested by the Mayor and Town Council will be made and questions answered. No action will be taken.
All those items listed below may be enacted by one motion and approved as consent agenda items. Any item may be removed from the consent agenda and considered separately if a member of the Council so requests.
5) Approve May 13, 2010 Regular Meeting minutes.
6) Re-adopt Resolution No. 10-735 to correct a numbering error and re-adopting the resolution as Resolution No. 10-941.
7) Accept a Dedication of Public Roadway from Corey Mendoza to the Town of Chino Valley of sufficient width to accommodate a fifty (50) foot wide one-half street from the center line along the property’s E. Road 4 North frontage for the purpose of road widening, construction and other municipal infrastructure. The subject property is located at 864 and 868 E. Road 4 North, further described as Assessor’s Parcel Number 306-04-010J, and located on the north side of E. Road 4 North approximately 300 feet east of State Route 89.
8) Accept from David and Kelly O’Brien to the Town of Chino Valley a Dedication of Public Roadway for twenty-five (25) feet of right-of-way from the center line of Center Street, and a Perpetual Offer for Dedication of Public Roadway for up to twenty-five (25) feet of right-of-way adjacent and directly south of the first dedication for possible future widening of Center Street. The subject property is located at 693 W. Center Street and is further described as Assessor’s Parcel Number 306-29-018B.
Staff Recommended motion: Accept Consent Agenda items 5 through 8. Action Items
9) Discussion and possible action regarding the Final Report produced by the Upper Verde River Watershed Protection Coalition (UVRWPC), Safe Yield Workgroup, presented to the Coalition Board on March 24, 2010. Staff Recommended motion: To be determined per Council discussion.
10) Discussion and possible action to apply employee stipends that are included in the fiscal year 2010/2011 budget. Staff Recommended motion: Move to authorize a stipend program for Town employees in fiscal year 2010/2011.
11) Adopt Ordinance No.10-737, amending the Chino Valley Town Code, Chapter 30 “Council Procedures,” Section 30.065 “Regular Meetings,” to change Town Council Meeting days to the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month, at a time to be determined, effective January 1, 2011. Staff Recommended motion: Move to adopt Ordinance No. 10-737 amending Chino Valley Town Code Section 30.065 to change Town Council meeting days to the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month, at ____ p.m., effective January 1, 2011.
12) Discussion and possible recommendation to the Mayor regarding 2011 resolutions submitted for consideration by the League of Arizona Cities and Towns Resolutions Committee.
13) Possible action to reschedule the Regular Council Meeting of November 11, 2010 to accommodate the Veteran’s Day holiday.
Staff Recommended motion: Move to reschedule the Regular Council Meeting of November 11, 2010 to November ____, 2010.