On Nov. 30 at 12:53 Chino Valley Fire District and Prescott Fire Dept. responded to a structure fire in the 1400 block of Hall Lane in Chino Valley. The structure was fully involved in fire upon their arrival. The fire was moving quickly due to a southerly wind with gusts up to 35 mph.
Two vehicles parked behind the residence were destroyed by the fire also. A neighboring residence to the West had minimal fire damage to the exterior siding and window from this fire.
1st engine crew on the scene did a great job protecting that residence and extinguishing the fire before it did any damage to the interior of the home. The fire was burning the dry grass on a residential property to the north and crews did a great job at extinguishing that fire before it reached the residence.
Two occupants and two dogs were in the home at the time of the fire and fortunately all 4 evacuated the home unharmed.
The fire had started in a trash can next to the back porch and quickly spread to the residence and vehicles nearby. A TIP volunteer was on the scene to assist the occupants and the Red Cross was called also.
As a reminder to folks, please dispose of fireplace ashes and cigarette butts appropriately by putting them in a metal trash can away from combustibles, decks and structures. Put water in the trash can or bucket to thoroughly soak and cover with a lid.