I'm Bill Monroe.
- After almost 2 years, Horizon Air discontinued service at the Prescott Airport on Sunday, August 23rd.
- Yavapai College officials reported soaring enrollment as the Fall semester got underway.
- Tuesday was Primary Election Day, and Flagstaff dentist Paul Gosar came out as the big winner in the 8 person Congressional District One race, receiving 11,455 votes.
- Other big winners were House Majority Whip Andy Tobin and former Chino Valley Mayor Karen Fann.
- Senator John McCain and Governor Jan Brewer participated in a Victory Rally at McCain's East Gurley Street office Thursday morning.
- The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office announced 27 alleged suspects had been arrested following a shootout in Chino Valley on Saturday, August 21st.
- City and Town Councils did not hold meetings due to the annual conference of the Arizona League of Cities and Towns, which started Tuesday and ran through Friday in Glendale.
- Arizona Department of Transportation representatives were joined by Town of Clarkdale staff for a public open house Thursday afternoon.
- And the 10th annual Prescott Jazz Summit kicked off at noon Friday with a free concert at the Courthouse Plaza.
I'm Bill Monroe and that's your KQNA News Week in Review.